November Thanks: Unconditional Love


Many people who know me and even the ones who meet me briefly, know that I love talking and writing about love.  For some it may be annoying and for others it may bring hope or optimism to their own life.  

But for me, love means the world.  It is without a doubt, the most important thing on earth.  Through all the heartaches and tears of the past, love always remains the greatest joy in my life and in my heart.  It's what makes me want to get up each morning, what makes saying goodbye for a few days harder than it should be, and what makes me believe that miracles truly do exist. 

Tonight as part of my November Thanks segment, I credit all that I am thankful for to unconditional love.  
When I was a young girl my mother would always tell me that when I fall in love and meet the man of my dreams, I would know in an instant.  She was always honest and always told me that true love comes to those who wait or who are least expecting it.  And above all, she always made sure to instill in me that when I found the man I'd want to spend my forever with, that I should never lose myself as well.

What can I say?  Moms know best!  In the past five years, my guy has stood beside me on this never ending journey of growing up.  He has seen every bad, insane, and glorious moment and has been there to hold me tight when my heart was breaking.  He's witnessed all of my crazy ideas and thoughts and has always loved me unconditionally no matter what.

Tonight I make this post brief, as our love is sacred and private to only us.  But I can't help but feel thankful for all that love has blessed me with.  This love has taught me how to let go slowly but surely, of all the things that do not matter in this life.  This love has given me the courage to be all that I am and accepting of all that I am not.  And most importantly, it has taught me above all, that though the road may be bumpy and long and winding, when you really love someone, you never give up, you never let go, and you always overcome. 

Love is never perfect.  Expectations always ruin the true beauty.  And times will be hard.  In the end of my road called life, all I want is to look back and see that not any fear in the world changed the love in my heart.

So thank you to my guy.  The greatest love of my life.  My hero if you will.   And thank you to love, for finding me when I least expected or wanted it and for changing life as I knew it, forever. 
Via Pinterest









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts