November Thanks: Sister bond

My only sister in the world is not only five years younger than me, but is one of the strongest women I know.  She is my only sister, the only sister I ever need, and I'm thankful that we are the only ones who share that sisterly bond that is unbreakable.

We don't talk everyday or see each other often at all.  In all honesty, it's been almost a year since I saw her last and I miss her more with every day.  But my sister is this special part of me that I can't quite explain.  She holds everything together, stands her guard when someone tries to attack, and never gives up on her dreams.

In so many ways than one, she is an inspiration to me and to our entire family.  Throughout my 21 years with her in my life, she has taught me more than so many people have.  She has taught me how to be brave when I am afraid, how to believe in who I am when I doubt myself, how to not care what other people say about me, and how to let all the good in.

Tonight I am so thankful that my little sister has turned into this incredibly smart, talented, and beautiful young woman.  I am thankful that she is a part of me and that she completes my heart.  And above all, I am thankful that she has been right by my side through it all, no matter how much distance is in between.

I remember the day she was born and how jealous I felt because I was no longer going to be the baby.  I remember all of our stupid fights and arguing over who got to sing to Selena songs as my mom recorded us.  I remember playing karaoke and her singing to Jagged Edge or 112.

And I remember, most importantly, holding her in my own tiny arms when I was a child, feeling her little heart beat, and knowing in that moment that the bond we created would never break.

I have the best sister in the world.  And I can't wait to see her and hug her and give her a big ole' kiss on her cheek.  To my sister, you will never know just what you mean to me.  Without you, I am not whole.  And with you, I am complete.  I adore you to the moon and back, times infinity.  And I can't wait to see you.  Thank you for being my inspiration in this one crazy life we have.  And thank you for being the best sister a girl could ever ask for.







Comments

  1. Brought tears to my eyes. My two beautiful girls and their sisterly love....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts