November Thanks: Brotherly Love

My brother has been my only male hero since I can remember.  I never thought that I could ever consider any other man my hero until my big brother (my only brother) met my guy.  Suffice to say that that one moment changed it all.  Because of my brother, I now have two male heroes and I'm thankful and content that the only men in my life are my amazing brother and my amazing man.

Tonight I am so thankful for having an older brother.  I'm thankful that I am the middle child and that I get to share a brother and a sister.  My brother has been one of the greatest sources of inspiration and strength for me since the day I was born.  Maybe it's because we share the same story or maybe it's just because since the time I was born he has been watching out for me with every step.  Whatever the case may be, he's just the best.

My brother is unlike many here on Earth.  In many ways than one I feel like he's this really awesome and amazing angel living amongst us all.  He knows how to calm me down when I am being overly emotional or crazy about anything.  He knows how to make me laugh and he always knows how to bring a smile to my heart.

As the only man in our family, he knows how to truly appreciate and respect women.  Growing up with two sisters and a mom all our life, he's quite aware of just how important it is to show respect and he does so effortlessly.  My brother is giving, loving, kind, and only deserves great things.

I'm thankful that he adores my guy and that I knew just how lucky I was the day my brother told me that he really liked my boyfriend.  I'm thankful that my brother gets me, knows me completely, and is one of my most trusted confidants.  And with all that I have, I am so thankful that he is my only brother, my Kevino, my hero.

Tonight I am full of gratitude for the bond he and I share.  I miss him immensely, but I know that no matter how much time passes since we've seen each other, I feel him close by wherever I go.

To my brother, another part of my heart that is completed by you.  I am the luckiest girl in the world to call you my brother and I love you more than you could ever know.  Thank you for all the endless talks you listen to, accepting me, and being the best brother alive.









Comments

  1. My children are the greatest gifts God ever gave me. Their love and respect for each other is phenomenal. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts