Patience.

In the past few days I've gone from over-thinking Kim to a bit more calm Kim.  Though I've said it plenty of times, I am and will never be perfect, a lesson I've learned along the way that I truly admire.

Sometimes I wrack my mind with constant, usually non-logical and a dash of crazy, over-thinking.  I know when it begins.  It's like this sudden change in my aura, my energy if you will, and all of a sudden I feel as though I have no control over this large and imaginative brain of mine.

But then when I catch myself going off the deep end into a body of water of utter chaos,  I find my step back and begin again.  Much like when you think you're falling, you find that one branch or hand to help you back up again and begin anew.

With the holidays rolling around and trying to plan vacation time with my beloved, I lost my senses for a bit, constantly over-thinking every small detail and what I could do to make everything nice and easy. One important thing I've learned though, is that life is not always nice and easy.  For me at least, it is for the most part.  But on days when all I do is think, I find myself more confused than I was to start off with.  The answer, I have found, is a life saver; just STOP thinking.

My mom has always informed me that I've always been an over-thinking, over analyzing person if you will.  Though I fight to believe that a lot of times, I know it to be true.  And throughout the course of my life, I've come to accept that more and more.

My mind and my brain are precious.  I care too much.  I think too much.  And because of those two that go together, I can worry too much.  But instead of hating that part of myself, I learn to accept it with more genuine and loving care.  I know that I will always be someone who thinks a bit too much at times, but I also know that I won't allow myself to let that tendency rule me or my life.

Today I feel so much calmer and peaceful within myself.  I think there are times in everyone's life when you go off the tracks a little bit.  But for most, at least I hope so, we end up finding our place sooner than later.

Patience is a virtue that many don't always know how to have.  At least one point in our lives, we will see the true impatience that we can possess.  In those moments, breathe.  Remind yourself that patience is a true blessing and joy to have.  Sometimes it can be excruciatingly rough to have patience, especially when you want things to happen right away.  But having patience even when I honestly don't want to have it, is a miracle in its own right.

I'm still working on the patience thing.  But I have learned that patience can change every outlook you have on yourself and your life, and the situations that life hands you.

At the end of each day, I always know who I am.  No matter what challenges arise or how upset I can get, I love that moment when right before I close my eyes, I  know with 100 percent certainty, that everything is worth it.  I am where I am because I'm worth it and I really love that fact.

Instead of worrying about what presents to buy or all the what-ifs, I take shelter in the fact that my life is pretty damn amazing!  It's not always happy-go-lucky or easy.  And I wouldn't want it to be anyway.  It's truly in the moments when all I want to do is scream, that I find my solace, my meaning, and my purpose in life.  Nothing will ever be perfect or go the way you want it to.  It's only in the moments of growing and learning that one can come to realize just how lucky they already are and that what they already have, is all they'll ever need.  I know I do at least.

Loving and living my life with tremendous purpose, is one of the greatest gifts I've ever received.  And it's one that I've given to myself.  I know I will still over-think at times and worry when I don't have to, but hey, that's what makes me human.  For me, my life is the greatest teacher out there.  And I revel in the fact, that I am always learning from it!

Via Pinterest
Ah ha!, Via Pinterest 
Truth to be told, Via Pinterest
Via Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts