November Thanks: The Life All Around

As Thanksgiving rolls around in a few days, I can't help but feel thankful for all that life has given me.  People always ask me, "Are you always this happy?"  And with sincere honesty, as that's who I am, I answer, "no."

The truth I've learned from this one fabulous life of mine, is that you won't always be happy, things won't always go right or even the way you planned, and sometimes shit will hit the fan!  But even in those moments of insane chaos, you're still breathing.  Your heart is still beating, the sun will still come out, and life will continue to pass on by.

So tonight I'm not only thankful that I am alive, but I am thankful for the life that consists all around me.  From the trees to the sun and the first signs of colder weather to actual snow flurries on a November day, nature and life in general, amazes me.

I have come to learn wholeheartedly, that life is entirely what you make of it.  I know everyone out there in this one big world has heard that once before in their lives.  And I know that if you really let that saying in, you know it to be true.

All my life I had this inkling that something wasn't right with the way I was living and it wasn't until I took a giant leap on a September day in 2007, that I understood exactly what it was.  I was missing myself.  I didn't know how to love me for all the wonderful ways that make me who I am.  And I didn't know how to stand on my own without the support of someone else.

With a lot of work and determination and a bountiful amount of support from my family, my guy, and loved ones, I found who I was, exactly the way I was made to be.  I'm not always cheery or happy.  I'm not always motivated or positive.  But I don't have to be.  Life isn't perfect and neither am I.  What I am though, is someone who is always hopeful, loving, honest, and strong.

I'm thankful that my strength is different from what some would define it to be.  I'm thankful that I have never given up on myself or what I believe in or who I love.  And I'm thankful that my strength has gotten me through every bad and gut wrenching moment in my life.

The life all around me is in the warmth of a hug from someone I love, the comfort of relaxing at home with my guys or even alone, the sounds of laughter and family together, and everything that exists when you truly learn how to see it all.

I can't wait for Thursday to be here.  It's going to be marvelous!

Comments

Popular Posts