November Thanks: California

In a faraway land about four hours away from the desert city of Las Vegas, lays the sunny and ever ethereal land of California.  Agoura Hills to be exact.


It's a place where I love to go to quite often.  A place where peace, relaxation, and joy exist and a place where I find myself wanting to venture off to many times.

But the real reason I am thankful and in love with California, is because California is the place where the love I've found comes from.  I guess it's also a place where I feel connected to his childhood, to his upbringing and life before me.  It's a place where I feel our souls connect in a very different way and life as I know it freezes for a moment in time, just for us.

On this November night I am grateful that California exists.  Although the state itself is abnormally large and traffic loves to keep people stranded in line, I'm grateful that above all, California is filled with people of all shapes and sizes, religions and beliefs, and sexual orientations and races.

California is the birth place for all things free spirited.  From the ocean and beaches to the sunsets that fall over the hills, California is a place that thankfulness resides.  At least for me anyway.

Tonight I am thankful that I can call California another one of my homes and that a wonderful family lives there who always takes me in.  It's a place that I know in my heart, I will always return.

To California.  Another great love.






Comments

Popular Posts