November Thanks: My Mother's Daughter

So I'm a few days off of trying to keep up with writing something I am thankful for everyday until Thanksgiving.  Life!

But tonight's special thanks segment is about the most amazing woman I know; my mother.  For all my life I've always remembered telling her how much I love her, how much she means to me, and making sure she always knows that.  What can I say?  I love the woman!

And even after 26 years of being her daughter, for which I am thankful more than any words could describe, I still tell her how much she means to me regardless of how much time has passed by.

I grew up with just her and my siblings as she played the hard and never ending role of two parents.  And like the strong and persevering woman that she is, she has mastered that all my life.  Every day when I wake up, I thank God for all the important people in my life.  I say my thanks for giving me such an amazing family, boyfriend, friends, and of course for my mom.

And everyday, no matter what is going on in our lives 1,000 miles apart, we talk.  We say good morning and good night almost every day and it is something that belongs to only us.  She has seen me grow up into a woman I can only hope she is proud of.  She has seen me at my worst, in my saddest of moments, and in moments where we both knew that our lives would change forever.

Of all the extraordinary things my mother has done for me and my siblings, her strength is what I look up to the most.  Her strength is what gives me hope that no matter what you go through in life, you can always overcome.

I am so thankful for all that she is and all that she has accomplished.  This December she will walk across a stage and receive her Master's degree (si dios quiere, as she would say), a goal she has long awaited to achieve.  I couldn't be more proud to call her my mom.  No matter how busy we made her growing up or what obstacles got in the way or put things on hold for awhile, my mom is the perfect definition of what a real mom truly is.

She makes me happy and honored to be her daughter and in so many ways than one, I am my mother's daughter.  Someday I hope to pay her back for all she has done for me.  How I'd love to just send her on a trip out of the country to wherever she dreams of going.  And someday I will accomplish that goal as well.

Tonight I am so blessed to have a mother who loves me and my siblings unconditionally.  I'm thankful that she is one of my very best friends, that my greatest love of my life is the only one she has ever liked and loved for that matter, and that no matter what, she will always be there to pick me up when I fall.

My mother is my angel and I like to think because of her, I am where I am now, in the happiest and most loving place of my life.  She taught me how to never give up, how to put myself first sometimes, how to let go of fear, and how to love immensely in spite of the unknown.  And it is because of her, that I am me; her daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, and a friend.










Comments

  1. Kimmie, you are who you are because God made you that way. God blessed me with wonderful children. I live for you and your siblings. My children are the reason why I can overcome all obstacles and are my purpose for living... Thank you Chicks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts