November Thanks: Life

I'll make this post brief, as all I really have to say is that I am HAPPY.  And I am solely happy because I am so very thankful for all that life has given me.

It's such an amazing blessing to grow up.  When I was younger, that was all I ever wanted.  I wanted to grow up and be an adult and be on my own and all that jazz.  When I finally was, it sucked!  Ha!

But it only sucked because I didn't know how to live in the moment back then.  I didn't know the true miracle and passion it was to be a kid, a teenager, a young adult, with no worries or things to take care of.  But at 26, I still have so much more to learn and I love that entirely.

Nowadays, I love getting older because it makes me wiser.  It gives me new perspectives on life and it teaches me how to be still with myself, how to appreciate the things that truly matter, and how to live life truly in the present.

I may not be perfect, but I am so THANKFUL that I am not.  I take all the flaws with all the pluses and I smile because I am perfectly imperfect and content with myself.

My life makes me happy and it makes me want to be the best me every single day.  It makes me want to let go of the little things that I shouldn't sweat, it helps me forgive, and it helps me realize just how lucky and blessed I am in this one crazy world.

Tonight I am so thankful that tomorrow, my love will be back home after a long trip, right where he belongs.  And I'm thankful that in just a few short weeks, my mama and my sissy will be here with us celebrating my favorite time of the year.

What can I say?  Life is meant to be lived.  And that is what I intend to do every day of my life.


Comments

Popular Posts