Sunday Kind of Love: Iaffa & Isaac

"Love one another and you will be happy.  It's as simple and as difficult as that." -Michael Leunig, cartoonist

Today is Sunday, a day where relaxation takes its last few breaths before the week begins again, clearing out all events from the past.

Today is also the second Sunday of my new segment entitled, Sunday Kind of Love, where people from all over share their love stories with me.  I'm very lucky to admit that I have lots of love in my life.  I forget it sometimes, when I let my mind take over, but then in the midst of it all, I remember.

I'm immensely honored to have such amazing people in my life, this next couple being some of them.  Their story, like all, is once again, unique.  It's special, funny, romantic and real, and that's what I hope for all to find in life.  

When you find real love, no matter how hard it can get, never let it go.  Hold on tight and go for the ride.  I hope this couple's story proves just that and brings people closer together.  Enjoy!

Iaffa & Isaac

Iaffa & Isaac 



He is a musician, trumpet player to be exact.  She a cocktail waitress, with a personality that can light up the room.  They've traveled the world and come from opposite ends, but somehow came to find each other when they least expected it.

"I had just moved to Las Vegas from San Diego, where I lived for 27 years," said Isaac Tubb.  "I came in to audition for a show at the Bellagio and found out that I got the part that day.  So I moved almost right away."

Iaffa Mahjoub was born and raised in the Philippines and moved to Las Vegas when she was 19 years old.  At the time of her and Isaac's first meeting, Iaffa was the hostess for one of the Bellagio's lounges.  On the night they met, towards the end of 2007, Iaffa remembers seeing Isaac for the first time.

"I was working one day and I saw a band member that I knew, with Isaac," said Iaffa.  "That band member, introduced Isaac to me and I thought that he was so handsome.  It was love at first sight."

Isaac recalls a similar story, where he thought how pretty she was right away.  It started with that one hello and through that connection, an instant exchange of small talk and smiles, lead to something much more.  Yet it would take a while after their first meeting, that they would officially become a couple.

"I'd been single for about four years when I met her and I was looking forward to being single in Las Vegas," said Isaac.  "But we started seeing each other here and there for a little while and I had to tell her that I wasn't looking for a serious relationship just yet.  I was in a bad spot, financially, I had a horrible roommate and a lot of times, I just wanted to be alone."

Although it took some time, love was determined to find its way to both of their hearts.  Little bumps in the road helped both of them realize how important they were to each other.  So after almost two years of being "just friends," their status was official on October 3, 2009.

LOVE in ALL its GLORY.
One of  the most beautiful things about their love, is the way in which they knew each others differences right off the bat.

"I was used to guys saying yes to me all the time," said Iaffa.  "He was the only one who made me try and work for it."

"Once I got to know her more, her personality started to shine and I could see how great her heart was," said Isaac.

They both have incredibly different schedules, but they still manage to find time for just each other.  For them, it's more about the time they have together that they cherish the most.

When you talk to this couple and you see the way they exchange glances at each other when they speak, you know that love is deeply there.  You can tell that they each love the other, with immense passion and soul.

"He is very giving and very sweet, no matter what," said Iaffa.  "He's very loving and is just fun to be with."

On the other hand, Isaac has the same things to say about the woman he loves.  Whether it be her sweetness or the way their personalities really match, he loves the fact that Iaffa never judges him and only ever wants to take care of him.  

It's in the ways they love each other, that this lovely couple are able to realize what love means to them, no matter the differences.  "Having someone in your life that complements every aspect of who you are, doesn't judge and strengthens your weaknesses," said Isaac, "is what love means to me."

"I never really thought about what love is, until I met Isaac," said Iaffa.  "He makes me want to be better and he's my better half and completes me."

Much like many couples, Iaffa and Isaac know that communication is very important to make a relationship work and last.  They credit communication for helping them to better understand each other and know how to give and take, how to meet in the middle and how to react in every situation they are faced with.

At the end of the day, when all else was said and done, I knew this couple's love.  I could see it.  Feel it.  Understand it.  I could tell all the ways in which they adore each other and I was happy.

"If I had one hour left to live, I'd tell him that I love him very much," said Iaffa.  "That I felt like the luckiest girl in the world and if we weren't married yet, we would get married in that moment."

"I'd tell her how happy I was to have met her later in life and that I feel like I am a better person for having met her," said Isaac.  "I'd tell her I love her and probably play my trumpet for the last time, for her."

Love is and will always be different for everyone.  To have love is lucky enough.  To be able to hold onto that love, even when it can fall apart, is even luckier.  For Iaffa and Isaac, love is selfless.

"It's about giving and not expecting anything in return," said Iaffa.

"It's about giving up the things you selfishly think are important, learning about the other person and knowing that you're only as important as the person you're with," said Isaac.

Love at last.  
Love may change over time, but that doesn't mean that the end has come.  When love can conquer all else, happiness is inevitable.  No matter what, never give up!
 

 



Comments

  1. Beautiful story about two very beautiful people! I love your love for each other...couldn't think of a better couple for your column then these two! Love and miss you both!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany!!! Love u and miss you too!!!

      Delete
  2. I love this! I would love to be a part of this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful story you have. So when are you going to tie the knot guys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to one day just don't know when. Hopefully soon. :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you all, I was very lucky to have interviewed this amazing couple. Anyone wanting to be interviewed, let me know, even if I don't know you. Love can be found anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim thank u!! U definitely did it justice!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!!! Glad I could share your story with the world! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts