How Sweet It Is...........

 Ah...how sweet it is to live a wonderful life.  I have so many things to be thankful for and so many things that I couldn't imagine life without.  Of all the things I have been through in life, I am incredibly glad and proud of where I am today. In my life I hope for nothing but great and positive things.  I know that some days will be harder than most and some days will be sad, but of all the things that life can bring...I know that everyday when I wake up, I will feel blessed and happy to be alive and have the life I live.  I love to write and I always write from my heart.  Every chance I get, I try to write poems and stories of how I am feeling and how my life is.  So, one day at work, when I obviously was not busy, I wrote this poem from my heart (as I always do) and I hope whoever reads this, likes it. 

 Hopeful Life
 
How can one live a great life?
And never stop to worry?
Do they just tune out all of the racket?
And ignore all the negative stories?
A wonderful man once told me
That letting go of all the bad
Can lead to a life full of hope,
And one that lifts you up when you’re sad.
He said the key is to just be cool
Stay focused, content and relaxed
To derive yourself from any negativity
Or anything that becomes too perplexed
He told me to use my head
And to never dwell in the moments that bring me down
To always see the positive side of things,
Even when there is nothing to do, but frown
A wonderful woman once told me
To never give up the fight,
To always strive for success and peace
And to always fight with all your might.
She said the key was to let go of the past
Of all the hurt, sorrow and pain
To enjoy the moments of today
And that God would lead the way.
She told me that life is precious
And we should never take it for granted
For we only have one chance at it
And we are the ones who make it all we’ve ever wanted.
How can one have so much hope?
And never let anything stand in their way?
They do it by having faith in themselves
And by living life fully every single day
A hopeful life is one I try to lead
Even when it seems too hard to bear
I take a deep breath in and close my eyes
And try my hardest to never fear.


Everyone has days when they feel alone and like no one is listening.  Everyone has days when they just want to crawl into bed and sleep..letting all of the stress and negativity drift away into space.  And everyone has days when they are mad, sad, stressed, worried and afraid of life in general.  So, even on those days when life seems unbearable, I thank God that I am alive and well. And I let go.....because it is so sweet to live the life I have and love the ones I love.

Comments

Popular Posts