My 30 before 30 list

My wonderful friend Ashley gave me the push and idea to come up with my own 30 things to do before I turn 30 list.  After reading her list, I thought to myself "What a wonderful idea."  So because I am in such a wonderful place in my life and because I am absolutely happy and content with where I am...I've decided to list the 30 things I hope to at least accomplish before I turn 30.  I figured..I have six more years to go before then, so I have plenty of time.  And should I be unable to accomplish these things before I turn 30 years old..than what the hell? I have the rest of my life to do so.
  1. Visit Ireland
  2. Visit New York City
  3. Leave the country in general and escape to another world
  4. Graduate from college with my BA in Journalism
  5. Graduate from college with my Masters in English and Education
  6. Get married to the love of my life :)
  7. Have at least one child
  8. Actually commit myself to working out and stick with it
  9. Abolish all fears and worries I may have about my future and the unknown
  10. Say "sorry" less
  11. Let go of everything that has ever hurt me
  12. Learn Spanish and be able to speak it
  13. Submit my poems and writings for publishing
  14. Become a teacher
  15. Write for a magazine
  16. Buy a new car
  17. Gain more confidence and erase all insecurities
  18. Find a new job that I actually love and be happy in it
  19. Care less about what people think of me or what they say
  20. Love myself a little bit more
  21. Be less selfish 
  22. Grow up a little bit more
  23. Go to Bora Bora
  24. Ski for the first time EVER!
  25. Buy my mom her dream car
  26. Learn to cook amazing things
  27. Have at least 100 followers of my blog :)
  28. Submit my story to Glamour magazine
  29. Finally meet Kenny Chesney
  30. This one was hard...but the biggest thing I hope to accomplish before I turn 30, is being able to be 100% confident in all that I do and never think twice.
Of all the things I hope to accomplish before 30, the one thing I hope for is to be as happy as I am now, then, if not more and to still have the people I have now, in my life.  Everyone hopes for the future and looks forward to it.  But I have learned that the future comes soon enough and that I don't always have to wonder about mine.  The life I lead is lovely and the best thing I have.  I wouldn't trade it for the world and I am blessed because of it.  Tonight when I close my eyes to sleep, I will take a deep breath in and know that everything is right in my world, for where I am now, is where I believe, I was always meant to be.
To everyone who has hopes and dreams........never let them go.  Sometimes, right in the middle of an ordinary life, life grants you a fairy tale. And I believe life is granting that to me, right now  :)

Comments

  1. You have such exciting things on your list! Oh what a fun few years you have ahead of you while doing these things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts