The Beauty of the Wind

Sitting outside on my front porch, which I like to called my "little Paris," I stare up at the big blue sky and I think..how beautiful it is.  The wind is picking up nicely and I sit in anticipation, hoping with all of my might, that rain comes. Even if it is small drops...any rain would be good right now.  Growing up in Texas most all of my life, I've come to fall in love with the rain and the intoxicating smell it leaves right after its poured its heart out.  Living in Las Vegas is much different than living in Texas.  In a city that literally NEVER sleeps and one in which for the most part, is hot and dry.....makes a small Texas gal really miss the rain tremendously.  I finally got my computer back today.  It died for a few weeks, only to be brought back to life by the awesome techs at Dell.  So now, instead of having to use my boyfriends computer, I get to enjoy my little baby I missed so much.  Much thanks to him for letting me use it as much as I wanted to.  Today I am happy.  Today I am right where I want to be; sitting in front of my new house, letting the wind sweep through my whole body, and admiring how beautiful the sky looks at this exact moment.  I look up at the moon, barely starting to glow in the night sky and I smile.  Somewhere up there are those that have left this world.  And somewhere up there, I believe she is watching over me, smiling at me and happy that I am happy.  I miss her everyday..but now, it doesn't hurt as much.  My grandmother would truly love this place and she would love to see how happy her "Kimbee" is today.  The beauty of the wind is powerful and as I sit here...I let it take me away.  It wraps me up in its wrath and takes every fear away. I love my life so...and man how lucky I am to be able to live it.

Comments

Popular Posts