Waking up to peace

"Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts."- Charles Dickens

I haven't always been a still person.  My mind wonders constantly about all the things I need to do, want to do and wish I could do, which in turn, is highly exhausting.  This whole week however, I've been dedicating my time to reading and being as peaceful and still as possible.  It hasn't been easy, let me tell you, but it has been glorious.

I'm finally coming to terms with what I want to do with my one great life and that is, to help others.  It will take some time, I know, but I'm willing and ready to give that time to fulfilling my life's purpose.  I am an obvious lover of writing and so if I can put my two great loves of writing and helping others together, then there it is, there is my life's purpose.  I am very happy and very confident in what I want to do with my life.  And because of that, I am loving myself so much more.

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."- Pericles

I've had a really great week and I've learned a whole lot from really being still.  If you've ever tried to be still, as in doing nothing for at least 15 minutes a day, you quickly realize how much we never let our minds and ourselves, stop and be still.  So every day that I've done this, I've learned more and more how important being still really is.  It is a vital formula we should all live by and it really does awaken your soul and bring peace to your heart; at least for me.  Even if the idea of doing nothing and being still within yourself freaks you out, face that fear and do it.  Prove to yourself that no matter how busy your life is or what problems you think you need to fix, that taking only a few minutes a day to be still, is worth every penny.

I'm looking forward to this weekend of practicing more stillness, reading more books and just being me, hanging with the people I love.  Today I feel as though I am right where I should be in life.  I don't question anything or doubt.  I don't want more than what I have.  If anything, all I want more of is stillness and quietness within myself.  Those two things are worth wanting more of.  I've come a long way on my journey of finding myself and all I can say is, "I'm so happy I took all the risks I've taken, even the ones I am just now taking."  Risks, are what makes the ride so much more worth it.  I look back at all that I've accomplished and I smile, knowing that everything led me to today, to right now, to where I am, and I wouldn't have it or want it any other way.

"When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you."- African Proverb

Comments

  1. Being still (physically as well as mentally) is HUGE. I'm so glad I have some time here at the cabin this week to do just that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great my friend!!! It's such an important thing to do. Miss you!

      Delete
  2. You've come a long way sweetie. Finding peace within yourself is so rewarding...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts