Love strong.

How many of us truly know how to love?  So many times we are focused on the outcome of what we give, always secretly expecting something in return.  Why we do this, I'll never know.  But if I can think of a small reason, it would be because we are all driven by our egos from time to time.

Credit: weheartit.com
The ego; such a bitch he/she is!  One too many times, my ego has pulled me deep into its web, determined to hold tight of me before eating me up.  I scream and shout, begging for my freedom, when little do I know that my freedom always belongs to me.  Not even my ego, which is my fears, insecurities, doubts, worries, stresses and anxieties, can take that away from me.  The only tricky part in this battle though, is believing and telling ourselves, that we can't let it go.
Credit: weheartit.com
The truth is and I don't have to be certified to know this, is that we can kick our ego in the ass, any time we want.  Courage and belief, strength and perseverance, and determination and confidence, are bigger, stronger and more powerful than ego, ever is.  The only way the ego wins, is when we tell ourselves we can't, instead of we can.  This is a lesson I continue to remind myself of, even when my own ego is begging to win.


I can't believe how lucky I am sometimes.  I have a great life.  I read somewhere the other night, as if it was calling my name...by a writer named Colette.  She said, "What a wonderful life I've had!  I only wish I'd realized it sooner."  If that isn't sad enough, then I don't know what is.  Sad because so many of us do that, never fully appreciating what we have NOW, too focused and caught up on the tomorrows that we have no control over.


I don't want to get to the end of my life and realize that I never saw how wonderful it truly is.  I admit, that at times, I forget how to stay focus on the present.  I hate that.  However, I find something positive out of it instead.  I realize right now, as I type this, that I have total control of my life.  So why waste it on worry or fear?  When I get to the end of the road, I will be able to look back and say, "Damn, I lived a good life. I really lived!"


I am lucky, as I always say, to have strong love in my life.  Love isn't easy...but it is so worth everything in the world and then some.  


Tonight, find appreciation in those you love, in those you forget to tell and in those who you know, life would be terrible without.  Be grateful for it.  Hold on to it.  And even when you are your biggest battle, never let it go.  


For those I love deeply, thanks for your strong love. :) 


Credit: weheartit.com

Comments

Popular Posts