Awareness

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." 
-Annie Dillard
 Being aware of the present moment, is at times, the most difficult thing for me to achieve.

Instead, I think constantly of all the goals I need to accomplish, all of the objectives I have to cover that day, and the list continues to build.

I find myself caught up in moments of awe at times, with the natural beauty of life.  When my mind spins relentlessly, I lose sight of how precious time really is.  In all honesty, I believe many of us do that all too often, never knowing when to stop and just breathe.

For me, change has always been incredibly hard to accept and let in.  By not accepting that change happens every single day, I am unable to cherish the present moments that occur.  The truth is, while change is not always by best friend, it is the only thing capable of providing growth and stability in my life.  Without change, our lives would be empty and trite, uneventful and tragic really.

Seize the moments of the present.
No matter how hard it can be at times to stay focused in the moment, I am learning more and more to remind myself that being present in my own body and mind, is vital to my life.  Being aware is crucial and can better any situation instantly.  When I am aware, my consciousness is calmer, my soul is quiet and I too, can breathe.

Life is way too precious. So is time.  Today I grab hold of the present and surrender myself to it.
Sit quietly with time and let it guide your way.


 "HOPE is FAITH holding out its hand in the dark.
-George Iles

Comments

Popular Posts