Life's Calendar


Each morning when I wake up, I rip off the previous days lesson from my calendar.  I read what my new day says, breathe it in and listen.

"Live with intention.  Walk to the edge.  Listen hard.  Practice wellness.  Play with abandon.  Laugh.  Choose with no regret.  Appreciate your friends.  Continue to learn. Do what you love.  Live as if this is all there is."-  Mary Anne Radmacher
I sit at my bedside for a moment, scanning over the words of what my day has to offer.  I think about the person who said it, and how they got to that point in their lives, to graciously divulge a tiny secret about life.  A smile comes over my face and then my day begins.

Sometimes I forget how beautiful being alive is.  The hustle and bustle of life's chaos and traffic consume me at times, creating little bumps in the road I tend to trip over.  But that's life.  No matter how hard we try, the glamorous truth about life, is that getting over every bump doesn't always happen.

Instead, I listen to the wind, as it captivates my soul and time stands still. Other times I meditate, as I'm taken into a whole other world in my imagination.  Mostly however, I hold onto the embrace of a loved one, the sound of their laughter, the life in their eyes, and how lucky I am to have incredibly God-sent people in my life.
Listen to the sounds of the Earth.


Today's daily quote makes me pay attention.  Do I do all the things Radmacher says?  Mostly.  I don't always live with intention, but I do continue to learn how to do so.  Walking to the edge has been a challenge, but only because I've made it a challenge.  I will walk to the edge; everyday; more and more.  Listening hard however, is something I definitely cherish.  I listen heavily, to every word being said, and I soak it in.  I remember everything anyone has ever told me, and I listen.  Practicing wellness is a work in progress, I can't wait to achieve, because I will.

I try my hardest to play with abandon, relishing in the moments of my childhood and keeping the child alive in me, always.  Laughter is my medicine, for anything, so any chance I get, no matter what is going on, I laugh; even in the hard times.  The decisions I have made in my life I have done with no regret, however I will choose ways to better my life, so that I never regret a choice.  I adore my friends, appreciate them completely and value their worth.  Doing what I love, is my number one key, one in which I am taking hold of, stronger and firmer.  

Life is short.  I will live as if this is all there is, because truthfully, that's the only way to live.
Breathe it in.

So tell me, do you do all the things Radmacher says about life?  And if so, which philosophies do you hold higher than others?

Living life, is what I choose.  It's the main choice, I will never regret!

Comments

Popular Posts