Monday Night Miracles

In less than 30 minutes, Monday will be over.
Tuesday will have officially begun and the world around me will begin to quiet.
What an incredibly peaceful feeling that is; the still of the night.  I welcome it and it welcomes me.


This is what peace feels like.

Right now, in this very instance, I'm happier than I've ever been in a long time.  Although my happiness scale goes up and down every once in a while, I'm content with knowing, 100 percent, that I'm not always going to be happy all the time.  My happiness scale brings me peace now, instead of fear, which in of itself, is a miracle on its own.

Valley of Fire, breathtaking.

I'll be turning 26 in two and a half months and it amazes me beyond belief, how quickly time has passed me by.  There are those very rare, once in a blue moon moments, where I stop and feel how far I've already come in my short life.  Fear always chased my tail, pestering and annoying me incessantly until I'd give in.  I hated that.  However, I've learned along the way, through the people in my life whom I admire and adore, that the only way to true happiness is to believe in it.
Sure that sounds easy to do, but in all reality, choosing to be happy and believing in that, versus trying to be happy in the midst of life itself, can be a real struggle for some. I know it's been a struggle for me, yet the one thing I never gave up on was fighting for my happiness.

My boyfriend is incredible.  We've been together four and a half (almost half..hehe) years now and I've never learned so much from one person, as I have from him.  He told me once that I was the only one who could change my life and how I see it.  That I was the only one who could choose to be happy, choose to be sad, and choose to see things one way as opposed to the other.  As stubborn a woman as I am, I'm just now starting to see how right he has been all this time. It's amazing.

I feel very fortunate with my life.  I'm lucky to have a family that supports me religiously and loves me unconditionally at the same time.  They too, especially my mother, have taught me the importance of life.  What can I say?  I've had life teachers with me since before I knew it and I am who I am now, with help from them.

My whole point is, knowing you have the power to make yourself happy and the power to change how you feel about things, is a force beyond you and I.  It's a power unlike any other; one that will wake you up in the middle of the night and change your life. 

It's officially Tuesday morning now, but I don't care.  I'm living my life, free as the wind, and I'm loving every second.

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
-Abraham Lincoln 

Comments

  1. I L-O-V-E the new look! I'm glad someone found some peace and love in a Monday... I struggled lots yesterday. I'm choosing to be happy today, thanks to you, and making it a great one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts