Working out...is such a bitch!

Okay, so I just recently, as in 3 days ago, decided that it was about time I did something for myself and my body, and work it out a bit.  Each and every time I've "tried" to work out, which usually lasts about two weeks, I give up.  There's always been this lack of motivation that I just couldn't seem to find anywhere.  And trust me..I looked near and far and in between for something to give me that push and drive to want to work out, and nada (nothing).  And then as if my own fairy godmother suddenly appeared...I realized that I was the only one who could motivate myself to want to be fit. I mean I've never been 100% in love with my body.  And I think that for most women, we have those days where we look in the mirror and think what we can do to change our bodies to some degree.  I want to be healthy and fit, because I never have been.  I've always been a procrastinator when it comes to working  out and I feel like if I don't do this now, when will I ever really want to do it?  And you know what else I found out?  Exercising in general, feels great.  I feel all of my tension and stress from that day slowly melt off my body as adrenaline starts rushing in, blocking every thought out of my mind.  And just for a minute, while I'm in that zone, nothing else matters.  I don't worry about work or school, or even what I'm going to do for the rest of my night.  Instead I feel focused and on track, making my slow but awesome start at doing something for myself for the first time, in a long time.  Today was day #3 and I'm happy to say that I have a day 3.  Tonight as I write, I'm definitely feeling the wonderful (yeah right) pain in my legs and arms and pretty much everywhere else on my body..and as much as it is indeed a bitch, I feel awesome.  And after a very long day of work and school, as soon as I lace up my shoes and walk outside into the cool Nevada wind....I feel nothing but serenity. Now, time for bed, so I can wake up and do it all again tomorrow.  Any tips on working out and being healthier?  Or cool workout regimes that I could try?

Comments

  1. Find something that you enjoy so much you don't wanna
    miss it. That's how I feel about yoga and I look forward to going. Running... I'm still struggling with because it hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally hard to do stuff just for ourselves! I belivethe saying that it takes 2 weeks to change a habbit is total bolonge... I think it takes more like a month. Keep up the good work... it's okay to do stuff for just ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts