Revelations

It will be 3 years ago, on October 12, that I first met the love of my life.  Though we aren't engaged, or have any children, we do share a home and a life together that I could never imagine myself without.  We've grown together and learned from each other and all the while, dealing with all the ups and downs that every day life can bring.  We've had our moments of immense stress, moments when we both needed room to breathe, and moments when all we needed or wanted was to just be.  And through it all, we've never stopped loving each other.  We've never grown angry with each other or hurt each other, and I am eternally grateful for that.  Whatever my future brings, I am glad to have lived my life exactly how I have.  Sure I have insecurities and sure I may lack in the self-confidence area from time to time, but ya know what? Who doesn't?  I am only a human, who deals with stress the best I know how.  Sometimes I cry, sometimes I scream secretly in my car, and sometimes I get quiet and want nothing more but silence; which is always rare, because let's face it.....I love to talk. :)  But tonight, as I write, I feel like growth is only going to continue for me.  Change is good and change does help.  Even though it may be scary at times, I'm happy for change.  This year has truly been a year of revelations.  I've had several moments where I've questioned everything in my life.  Will I ever be confident enough?  Will I stick to my work out plan?  Will Andrew and I ever get married?  Will we ever get bored with each other?  What if this or what if that?  And all the while I never once stopped to ask myself am I truly happy?  And the answer to that is, ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY!!! Life is hard and life is easy.  Things happen every minute that could change it in an instant and the only way through it is through it.  If that makes any sense.  I don't need to question myself, my life or those I love.  Because at the end of the day, I am so happy right where I am.  I can't see my future, but I can feel it.  And it feels like it's going to be all that I have ever wanted and then some.  Tonight all I wanted to do was jot down how thankful I am for my life.  And some times, out of nowhere, we get these revelations that just make us feel whole and alive. It's so easy to forget the great things in our lives, because we tend to worry over the things that really don't matter at all.   And God....I love my life.  Are there ever any times when you've had any revelations?  Do you ever worry or stress over things you know you shouldn't?  And how do you deal with it all?  I've learned many things in my 24 years on Earth...and the most important thing is loving yourself completely.  When you do, that makes being happy so much easier.

Comments

Popular Posts