The little things....

This will be a short post as my awesome brother and my sister-in-law are in the bright city, visiting the guy and I for my birthday.  I couldn't ask for anything more than all that I have now and I'm so perfectly content with that.

In a world that is constantly changing, I have found true peace in all that is my one very precious life.  With my brother here, the only man in my family who has ever truly been there for me, I can't help but feel overwhelmed with love and gratitude.  Him being here is the greatest birthday gift I could ever ask for and I'm so happy.  

There's something about catching up with the ones you love and sharing stories from childhood (good and bad), that makes life truly what it is all about.  It's that connection that siblings have that is indescribable and one that I wish every person has in life.

With the wind blowing ever so gently outside and the sun warming up the land all around us, I've come to realize that this, these tiny moments, are what living is all about.  It's the sound of your brothers laugh when you tell him something funny from the past, the way that he and the love of your life get along and hug, and the way you feel so content and in place with all of it.

I'm off to take the bro and my sis to go shopping.  And then it's time to chill out and enjoy the evening with the ones I love the most (momma, Syd, and the Friedlanders missing of course).  

I am overjoyed.  I am whole.  And no matter how crazy my mind can be oh too many times, I am completely and utterly fine with it all.  

It's the little things that captivate my heart oh so dearly and make me smile from ear to ear.  


-Kim 

Comments

Popular Posts